Westside Memorial Park & Depot Park
Located across from the District and the Tuolumne Veterans Memorial Hall, this park was dedicated to the memory of the men and women of Westside Lumber Company who served this community so faithfully over the many years form 1898-1958. Approved by the Tuolumne County Board of Supervisors on April 1st 1960.
Adjacent to West Side Memorial Park, it was originally constructed in 1993. In 2011 the District used remaining funds from Proposition 40 to renovate this tribute to our towns’ lumber industry. The train was rolled from its’ tracks and the ties and rails were leveled then raised. More rock wall was added and iron fencing now fully encloses the exhibit. Rounding out the display a new concrete surround was poured and benches and planters were added.