Established December 27th, 1955
On December 27th, 1955 Tuolumne Park Recreation and Parkway District was formed after an election held on December 21st, 1955 voted 191 to 8 in favor. TPRD’s territory lying within portions of the Arastraville Elementary School District and Summerville Elementary School District. On April 28th, 1958 our borders were redefined and the name changed to Tuolumne Park, Recreation and Parkway District. Finally, on August 16th, 1977 we became Tuolumne Park and Recreation District (TPRD).
Since our inception, we have come a long way. From a small room in the Memorial hall to a rented office space at Burns Refuse and finally owning our own building at 18603 Pine Street, Tuolumne, CA 95379.
Our Mission & Vision
The mission of Tuolumne Park and Recreation District is to embrace our history and recognize the vast strengths and resources available in our county and local communities to foster inclusive activities for all.
The Tuolumne Park and Recreation District vision creates and fosters opportunities for all community members to actively participate with activities and events in our local parks and community held properties.